Message from Head of Physiotherapy Department
Judy Wong Ee Ling
Head of Rehabilitation Science Department
Welcome to Rehabilitation Science Department in College ITA. College ITA is offering a 3year full time Diploma in Physiotherapy programme to nurture you to acquire a highly health professional skill that provides a safe and quality clientcentred physiotherapy through a commitment to the service availability, accessibility and excellence. The curriculum is based on the requirement of Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and is fully approved by the Ministry of Education (MoE).
This programme aims to facilitate the students so that they develop their knowledge, skills and attitude to be competent physiotherapists in their future career. Along with the motto of College ITA “The Place to Learn, Grow and Success”, our experienced lecturers and clinical instructors also enhance the growth of the professionalism, personality and communication skills of the students. Throughout the programme, the students will learn both the theories and practical skills in physiotherapy. Students will have the opportunity to have their clinical attachments with all the government and private hospitals as well as the community based organisations to further enhance their clinical skills.
After the students graduate, they will be able to work in a broad range of settings providing client and population health interventions as well as management, educational, research and consultation services. The graduates will have the opportunity to work at Government/private hospitals & clinics, sport centres, industrial organizations, special schools, communitybased rehabilitation centres, fitness clubs, gymnasia & spas and nursing homes.
Duration: 3 years ( 6 semesters)
Any Three (3) credits in SPM including any one science based subject. Must pass in Bahasa Malaysia, Bahasa Inggeris and Sejarah.
Tuition Fees are covered under PTPTN Loan with Terms and Conditions (applies only to Malaysians).
- Diploma in Physiotherapy is a 3year programme which consists of 6 semesters.
- Students are equipped with the foundation in basic science during the 1st year of the programme.
- Applications and practical skills of physiotherapy in neurology, respiratory, cardiovascular and musculoskeletal are lecture during the 2nd year.
- Clinical placements are conducted during the semester 4, 5 and 6 at the selected approved Government or private hospitals, community based rehabilitation centres and charity organizations.
- Anatomy I, II
- Applied Anatomy
- Physiology I,II
- Behavioural Science
- Professional Development & Practice
- Kinesiology I,II
- Physiotherapy In Musculoskeletal 1,2,3
- Therapeutic Science
- Electrotherapy Modalities I, II
- Physiotherapy in Cardiovascular
- Clinical Placement 1
- Physiotherapy in Respiratory
- Physiotherapy in Acute care
- Physiotherapy in Neurology I,II
- Physiotherapy in Special Client (Paediatric, Women , Elderly)
- Clinical Placement II, III, IV
Address: N0 17 , Lorong Chew Siik Hiong 5, C.D.T 117,96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Office Hours: 8am-6:30pm Monday – Saturday