Message from Head of Nursing Department
Puan Norizun binti Mohd Noor
Head of Department – Nursing
Kolej ITA offers the 3 year full time Diploma in Nursing programme which develops students on the knowledge and skills in nursing so as to ensure competent and safe care is delivered to the community in the various healthcare settings.
The curriculum is based on the requirements of Malaysian Qualification Agency (MQA) and is fully approved by the Ministry of Higher Education (MoHE) and the Malaysia Nursing Board (MNB).
Nursing is a practiceoriented profession. Kolej ITA provides the handontrainings in government hospitals and health centres as well as in private hospitals. The students will be guided by a team of highly qualified, experienced and specialized clinical instructors and lecturers in the fields of nursing and healthcare. These trainings are carefully planned to provide the equal balance of theories and clinical practices whereby the strong nursing knowledge and handontrainings are emphasized so as to ensure our graduates’ competency as the Registered Nurses.
At the end of the programme, the graduates will be eligible for the registration with the Malaysia Nursing Board (MNB) which gives them the licenses to practice as the professional nurses and have a huge choice of options in their career pathways.
Duration: 3 years ( 9 semesters) for full time
Intake: May & August
Entry Requirements :
Minimum five (5) credits in SPM including Mathematics, Bahasa Malaysia, General Science/Biology/Chemistry and pass in English is compulsory.
Minimum five (5) credits in O Level with Science-based including Mathematics and General Science/Biology/Chemistry.
Sunway Medical Nursing Full Scholarship
Tuition Fees are covered under PTPTN Loan with Terms and Conditions (applies only to Malaysians).
- The Nursing program is conducted for a period of Three (3) years or Nine (9) Semester
- Lectures of theories in the lecture rooms are conducted through out each semester. Besides the lecturing of theories, the trainees are exposed to various practical skills in the skill laboratory in the College.
- Periodical practical clinical practices are conducted in the selected approved hospitals and health centers every semester till end of the programme.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Environmental Health
- Professional Adjustment
- Fundamental of Nursing
- Surgical Nursing
- Gastrointestinal Tract Disorder
- Cardiovascular System Disorder
- Haemopoiesis System Disorder
- Oncology Nursing
- Autoimmune System Disorder
- Integumentary Disorder
- Renal System Nursing
- Nervous System Disorder
- Endocrine Disorder
- Mammary Gland Disorder
- Muscularskeletal Disorder
- Geriatric Nursing
- Ophthalmology Nursing
- Otorhinolaryngology Nursing
- Paediatric Nursing
- Obstetric Nursing
- Gynaecology Nursing
- Intensive & Emergency Nursing
- Community Nursing
- Mental Health Nursing
- Respiratory System Disorder
- Fluid & Electrolyte
- Nursing Management
- Nursing Research
NURSING CAREER PATHWAY (DIPLOMA IN NURSING)
- Employment of registered nurses is projected to grow 16 percent from 2014 to 2024.
- Faster than the average for all occupations.
- Growth will occur for a number of reasons, including an increased emphasis on preventive care; growing rates of chronic conditions, such as diabetes and obesity; and demand for healthcare services from the baby-boom population, as they live longer and more active lives.
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE PROGRAMME
- 90% employment rate within 3 months.
- Full sponsorship by Sunway Medical Centre
- Local and international employment
- Satisfaction from employers
- Personalized attention by the lecturers
- Community attachment
Approval & Accreditation
Address: N0 1-7 , Lorong Chew Siik Hiong 5, C.D.T 117,96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Office Hours: 8am-5pm (Monday – Friday)