Message from Head of Medical Assistant Department
Abang Junaidi Abang Gom
Head of Medical Assistant Department
As the Head of Medical Assistant Program for ITA College Sibu, I would like to take this golden opportunity to convey this beneficial and worth noting piece of message to those qualified school leavers / holders of Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM) Academic Qualification outside there through out Malaysia.
ITA College Sibu is the alternative tertiary IPTS learning institution that offers training for the Medical Assistant (MA) Program in our campus. We are appealing and very much obliging to accept and offer all qualified applicants throughout Malaysia to join us at ITA College for the threeyear course program.
Our MA program had been officially approved and sanctioned by the Ministry of Education (MoE) and Medical Assistant Board (MAB).
The modules for conducting the teaching and learning (Theory & Practical) are in line with the approved curriculum as to prepare the trainees to sit and pass in their prescribed examinations and as well as to prepare and equip the trainees with competent hand on experiences for their clinical practical attachments in hospitals and clinics or for their future careers in medical industry.
With their good results and good disciplines at the end of their threeyear program at ITA College, the graduates have the opportunity to work at Government Hospitals & Clinics, Private Clinics & Hospitals, Universities’ Hospitals & Clinics, Military camp Hospitals / Clinics, Rubber Estate/ Oil Palm Plantation/ Timber Camp Clinics/ Offshore Oil & Gas companies’ Clinics.
Duration: 3 years ( 6 semesters)
Five (5) credits in SPM including Mathematics, Bahasa Malaysia, and any one science based subject and any two subjects. Must have pass in Bahasa Inggeris and Sejarah.
Tuition Fees are covered under PTPTN Loan with Terms and Conditions (applies only to Malaysians)
- The MA program is conducted for a period of Three (3) years or Six (6) Semesters
- Lectures for theorical input are conducted in the lecture hall and are conducted through out Semester One (1) until the first half of Semester Four (4). Besides the lecturing of theories, the trainees are exposed to various practical skills in the skill laboratory in the College.
- Full time practical clinical practices are conducted in the selected approved hospitals and health centers after second half of Semester Four (4) till end of semester Six (6).
- English for Professional Practice
- Anatomy & Physiology 1& 2
- Microbiology & Parasitology
- Behavioural Science
- Medicine 1 & 2
- Surgery 1 & 2
- Community Health 1 & 2
- Nursing Science 1 & 2
- Clinical Pharmacology 1 & 2
- Information Technology
- Emergency Medicine 1 & 2
- Obstetric & Gynaecology
- Social Preventive Medicine
- Clinical Medical Practice
- Clinical Surgical Practice
- Health System Research
- Clinical Emergency Practice 1 & 2
- Clinical Pediatric Practice
- Clinical Psychiatric Practice
- Clinical Orthopedic Practice
- Clinical Community Practice 1 & 2
- Clinical Practice Operation Theatre
- Clinical Practice Eye