Message from Early Childhood Education Department
Angelina Kong Siing Lin
Course Coordinator of Early Childhood Department
Early childhood educators have one of the most enriching and challenging jobs. They are responsible in preparing young minds for the obstacles and opportunities discovered as they embark on their educational professions.
As what Bill Gate’s prominent quote said, “The first five years have so much to do with how the next 80 turn out.” Early childhood practitioners play such an imperative role in a child’s development. They inspire young minds, exhibit them to the joys of learning and provide them the foundation for lifelong success.
In this program, you will acquire about the developmental milestones children achieve from birth until age 5; from crawling to speaking in full sentences and everything in between. This knowledge will assist you to work with different age groups. An early childhood education diploma is an opportunity to learn about the precise instruments that support a young child love learning, something that will benefit them the rest of their lives. This course also exposes you with an exclusive opportunity to acquire about the vital attachments between parents and educational professionals as well as the connections between educators and other community leaders. In addition to lectures and assignments, students from this program are provided with the exposure of hands-on learning experiences. We focus more on hands-on learning through experiences rather than focusing on instructions alone. Advocacy is a significant part of any early childhood educator’s life. Many graduates will go on to enhance the education system for generations to come through working at the local, state or national level of schools.
Feeling inspired to be one of them? Graduates with a diploma in early childhood education have many different career possibilities ahead. Not only you will spend your days working with children but helping them to learn what they need to know to move forward in life. You will also be truly making an impact on our current education system. Whether you are working in a classroom or being employed as a tutor at a facility, you are touching the lives of young children across the nation in ways that could possibly affect them forever.
Duration: 2 years 6 months
- SPM / SPMV / O-LEVEL (Minimum 3 credits)
- UEC (Minimum Grade B in 3 subjects)
- Other equivalent qualifications
Tuition Fees are covered under PTPTN Loan with Terms and Conditions (applies only to Malaysians).
- Diploma in Early Childhood Education is a 2 years 6 months programme which consists of 5 semesters
- Introduction to Education
- Socio-emotional of Children
- Introduction to Child Growth and Development
- Introduction to Early Childhood Education
- English 1
- Malaysian Studies 2
- Technology in Teaching & Learning
- Arts and Creativity For Early Childhood
- Basic English for Young Children
- Co-Curricular Activities
- Community Service
- Study of Morals and Ethics
- Physical Education & Safety for Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Special Needs And Learning Disabilities
- Curriculum For Early Childhood Education
- Science and Mathematics in Early Childhood Education
- Family and Community Relations (Elective)
- Administration and Management in Early Childhood Education (Elective)
- Sociology of Education (Elective)
Address: N0 17 , Lorong Chew Siik Hiong 5, C.D.T 117,96000 Sibu, Sarawak, Malaysia
Whatsapp Link +6011-6298 6768
Office Hours: 8am-6:30pm Monday – Saturday